- Do you have a bedtime ritual?
We try to snuggle with at least one of our kids for a few minutes before going to bed.
- What do you wear to bed?
It depends on the time of year. Don’t laugh but in cold weather I kind of like an onesie. My husband hates my onesie!!
- What is on your bedside table?
At least 2 books, a large glass of water and a jar of #0.
- Do you have any recurring dreams?
My dreams have been crazy vivid and active since the pandemic started. I can’t always remember them but I know I’m working a lot of stuff out at night!
- Are you reading or watching anything good at the moment?
I’m reading a great book, Survival Math, Notes On An All American Family by the Portland Writer, Mitchell S. Jackson.
- What are some nighttime items you cannot live without?
If it’s chilly out, socks.
- What is your guilty pleasure?!
Old TV Geriatric crime fighters. I’m a sucker for any older person who solves crimes. Matlock, Murder She Wrote… if I’m feeling highbrow I turn to the BBC ones like Father Brown or Mrs. Marple.
- How do you engage in self-care?
Honestly my version of self-care is cooking and feeding my family and friends. I find it so calming and it’s something I can give them that brings them happiness.
- What do you consider the single most important thing for a good night’s sleep?
Mask to block out light.
- Did you have a bedtime routine growing up?
Not really that I remember.
- What was your favorite childhood bedtime story?
So many I couldn’t pick one. Maybe some of the poems of Shel Silverstein. My mom is a poet and used to read his books to me when I was young.
- What is your skincare and beauty routine like? Do you have any holy grail products?
Super simple!! Can’t do without our Oil Cleanse and moisturizing Finishing Oil.
- How would you choose to spend one hour of free time?
- If you could choose a song to wake up to every morning, what would it be?
My husband is a musician and our house is full of music. We use to set the mood of the day so it really depends on what we are doing or need.